Adjust the geometry of your bike by changing the head tube angle by 1º with the GeoShift Performance Angle Headset. It allows you to change the head tube angle by -1º to make for a slacker geometry for added stability on fast descents, or by +1º by using the opposite orientation of the headset to make for a steeper geometry for quicker steering with maximum front wheel traction.
Animation shows stock head tube angle (wheel closer to down tube) compared with slacker head tube angle after installation of GeoShift Performance Angle Headset (wheel further from down tube)
The GeoShift Performance Angle Headset features a design in which the bearings sit at an angle that aligns with the steerer tube. This compares to angle headsets that have bearings that sit flat, which adds unneeded friction and stress on the bearings. The design with angled bearings also prevents the creaking that is common with angle headsets that feature a spherical design.
Wolf Tooth headsets are machined in the USA with lightweight, strong, durable 6061 aluminum. Our Performance Headset is built to include an Enduro black oxide coated chromium steel bearing, a one-year warranty, and three levels of superior custom sealing to protect bearings from the elements and prolong the life of the headset.
Note: the EC44 Upper/EC44 Lower is the new design of the ZS44 Upper/EC44 Lower and can be used in its stead. This new design was implemented because the constraints of a head tube with 44mm upper and lower require the upper bearing to be housed above the head tube (as opposed to inside the head tube as it was with the ZS44 upper design) for optimal performance.
- Upper headsets ship with a star nut which can only be used on forks with steel or aluminum steerer tubes. For forks with carbon steerer tubes you will need a compression plug (sold separately; never use a star nut on a carbon steerer tube)
- Consult measurement guide determine which headset will fit your bike.
Upper assembly features:
- Ultralight Stem Cap With Integrated Spacer plus an aluminum bolt and a star nut
- O-ring seal prevents water intrusion around the steerer tube
- Custom-molded upper lip seal provides additional protection for upper bearing
- Optional shim washers if needed
Lower assembly features:
- Custom-molded dual-lip seal on the crown race to protect lower bearing in the toughest weather and trail conditions
- Service and additional parts available
The Wolf Tooth crown race installation adapter will help avoid damaging the crown race seals.
- Wolf Tooth Headsets
- Precision headset spacers
- Wolf Tooth crown race installation adapter
Weight: ZS44/28.6 Upper, ZS56/40 Lower • 92g | ZS44/28.6 Upper, ZS44/28.6 Upper, EC49/40 Lower • 107g
Material: 6061 aluminum
Includes: Upper and lower cups, bearings, crown race, star nut, three shims, stem cap with 5mm integrated spacer and bolt (weight listed does not include star nut, shims, or stem cap)
Stem Cap Bolt Torque Spec: 2-3 Nm with light grease on threads only
Made in the USA