Wolf Tooth's SDM (TM) chainrings replace your existing spider and chainring with one clean looking, light weight, and stiff piece of machined billet. These direct mount chainrings for SRAM cranks are offset 6mm (dished in) to make the perfect 1x chainline onÂ SRAM GXP cranks for boost frames.
- These are 3mm offset direct mount chainrings for SRAM cranksÂ
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider, which is attached via 3 bolts on the back side of the spider near the spindle. Â You will use these same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth SDM (TM) chainring.
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. Â See this explanation for details.
- They fitÂ on SRAM cranksets with removable spiders that are either GXP, Â Road/CX crankset
- Models include but are not limited to: S2200, S2210,Â X9, X0, X01, XX1,Â X1 1400, ALL SRAM Road/CX cranks that have removable spiders,Â Truvativ AKA Cranksets (GXP version), and newer S1400 (or X7) . Â
- If you are planning to use this on an X9 or XX1 fat bike crankest, check out this explanation ofÂ chainline and hub spacing.
- This decision tree will help you determine if you have a removable spider, and if you do what ring you need for your cranksets (there are 2 different ring offsets used by the BB30/PF30 cranksets):
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- For a longer lasting and more durable direct mount chainring with a bashring option, check out theÂ Stainless Steel SDMs
- We recommend using a T25Â L-Wrench like this oneÂ or similar for removal and installation of the bolts.
- The stock bolts are easily damaged when removing them to install a direct mount chainring. We haveÂ replacement boltsÂ if you need them.
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Toothâ€™s patent pendingÂ Drop-StopÂ®Â Â wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - blackÂ
- ChainlineÂ - 52mm when used on mountain bike cranksets and 45mm when used on CX/Road cranksets
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur!Â Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- A T25 Torx wrench is required to remove the bolts that secure the the chainring or spider to the crankarm.Â
- AnÂ L-wrenchÂ works best since the crank spindle may contact a socket adapter and prevent it from engaging properly.
- Use the same 3 bolts to attach the Wolf Tooth ring or if you need, we carryÂ replacement bolts
- Weight Â 30t - 65g, 32t - 70g, 34t - 75g